Monday, January 15, 2007

Thank You, India

I don't usually quote lyrics by Alanis Morissette...but I just have to give mad props to some new friends of mine.

You see, I've been internet-ally challenged at my humble abode for quite awhile. The amount of time that my internet decides to work has been gradually depleting over the last few weeks...to the point that I only had about ten minutes' worth since Friday morning. And my landlord is out of town for a month or so. It's killin' me!

This morning, I decided I had had enough. I went to Staples and bought a wireless router and USB adapter for my computer. I have excellent DSL reception from the phone in my living room - which isn't convenient to my computer which is in another room entirely. It took two calls to Linksys technical support and one call to Yahoo DSL technical support for it all to work out. Thanks to my new friends, "Bill," "Julie" and "Another Fake American Sounding Name I Can't Remember," who helped bring me back into the computer age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home