Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back online

OK, OK, so apparently my DSL line wasn't the problem at all. It was my freakin' wall-jack, which has been jerry-rigged* since day one. So, my landlord came in and spent about an hour or so rewiring the jack, while I watched Germany defeat Portugal in the 3rd place game. (I guess I feel a bit of camaraderie with Germany, since I was there a week ago. OK, it was only for about three hours, but c'mon!)

So my apologies go out to the phone company. I take back everything (almost everything) that I ever said about you.

Onwards and upwards.

xx


*OK, who knew that the phrase was actually: jury-rig?

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

So I guess "jimmy-rig" is completely out of line, then... JURY-rig? Who knew???

Glad you're back up and running. Too bad you had to listen to landlord war stories...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Littleskatersmom said...

It was interesting reading about your travels.

Was this your first cruise?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Littleskatersmom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Princess Leah said...

No, not my first cruise...I took one in Hawaii a million years ago - well, actually, about 22 years ago. This one was MUCH better. :)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home