Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Will Work for Food...Will Drink for Camera?

Consider this my first abuse of the Blog platform...and a cry for help to all of my reader(s).

I drink a lot of Diet Coke.
I want a digital camera.

Why are those two thoughts so intertwined? Well, I'm glad you asked. The fine folks over at Coca-Cola have a promotion going on - MyCokeRewards. Drink Coke, Input Codes, Get Stuff. It's that easy. Or so I thought.

I really want a digital camera - a nice one. I've been borrowing one from work, and have taken some of my best work of late (where's my damned photo credit??) with my friend Phil's camera. So, in lieu of money (of which I have none), I'm looking for Coke product CODES (from 12-packs, bottles, liters, etc.) I thought I could do it on my own. However, for the last two weeks, I have been entering codes into their website - feeling like a castoff from the Swan Station at the Dharma Initiative. After two weeks, I have a whopping total of 64 points. To get a digital camera, I need 1600 points. That is many many more than 64. Oh, and I need them all by June 12.

This is why I turn to my blog reader(s). If you drink any Coke product that has codes - I want your codes! I know this is a long shot, but figure that it couldn't hurt to ask. Help! If you think you can donate any boxtops, caps, etc., please respond to this blog (via a comment) and I'll take it from there. Thanks. :)

As long as I'm abusing the rules of the blog...

Personal to Matthew: Drive safely. May Highway 61 treat you with kindness. Enjoy the East Coast (again). And know that you will be terribly missed. I'm not losing a blog-reader, I'm gaining one in Rhode Island. And for anyone who wants to learn from Matthew's mistakes, you can read this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Thanks, L. I appreciate the send-off and will miss you, too.

You linked to my most Bitter Post Ever. Hopefully, people won't be too turned off by the Bitter Angry to seek the Fun Angry.

Ugh.

See you soon.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Littleskatersmom said...

Don't forget, you get what you pay for!

You can't begin to imagine how many of those I have thrown away. If only they had codes on the cans!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Princess Leah said...

You get what you pay for - breaking down the finances...

3 points for every single soda, which retails for around $1.00 - in the interest of non-brain-exploding math.

Which means I will have to drink 533 sodas at the alleged cost of $533 to get a camera that would cost less than $300 in real cash. I think that's almost a good deal - considering how much Diet Coke goodness I'll get in the meantime.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oy! I'm not drinking the stuff anymore! And I don't know anyone who drinks it (any Coke product), either...The only thing I can do...is link to your plight. Which I shall do, forthwith.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home