Sunday, May 07, 2006

Reformed, Not Rehabilitated...

I know it's hard to believe, but I actually went out of the house on a Saturday night and drove past Fairfax Avenue - on my way to Santa Monica to see The Leonards play. Who are The Leonards, you ask? I could try and give you an answer, but I will let this article explain it all for you.

I worked with two of these guys a few years back - Lenny and Tom. Met Nick through them and then John. The band decided to reform as a tribute to Tom, who passed away last April. They added George on bass, and The (not rehabilitated) Leonards were created. And I'm glad they were.

They played at 14 Below in Santa Monica...I'm guessing named because the temperature in the room was 14 degrees below the actual temperature of molten lava. (I'm saying it was a bit warm.) They rocked the house - great rock music - no posing (but there was pozza-ing) - no fancy haircuts - no fancy wardrobe - just great rock. I knew some of the songs from their EP called "Blister" - but was pretty blown away by the last song of the set, a cover of a song from 1978 called "Homicide" by a UK punk band called 999.

So - thanks for the great night out, guys...and let me know next time you're playing!

And anyone reading this blog, do yourself a favor - get over to their MySpace page and check out their straight-ahead great rock music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I'm glad you got out and had some fun this weekend, too. It helps a lot...

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home