Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ouch

I'm pretty sure my friend Matthew musically bitchslapped me in his post entitled "Mr. Zimmerman". In case you don't know, he's talking about Bob Dylan:

He's the best we've got. He's among the best we'll ever get. And if you're one of those people who scrunches up her face (it's always a woman who does this) and says, "I just don't like his voice," then you don't deserve music. Go listen to ABBA for the rest of your life and die happy in the middle of "Waterloo" or something else that's totally meaningless.


Ouch.


p.s. if you're checking out his blog, please watch his links to Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondents dinner. It is pure magic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I was NOT bitchslapping you... Not hard, anyways. Of course I respect you in all things musical--never doubt that.

However, that having been said... While admitting hyperbole to a wee extent, I can't believe anyone who loves Bob Dylan's music would hate his voice.

I'm sorry. Frank Sinatra had an amazing voice. Ever hear him sing "Eleanor Rigby?" There are voices perfect for their songs. Dylan's isn't always the nicest sounding, but it is by and large the best.

I stand by for Round 2...

3:36 AM  
Blogger Princess Leah said...

You know you're talking to a huge Bruce Springsteen fan, right? :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Am a chick. Love Dylan. His voice is cool. What I wanna know is, does hating Van Morrison's voice condemn me to Abba-dom for all eternity?

Signed,
Concerned

12:40 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Short answer- no.

There are only two rock artists where hating them equals hating music. Dylan and the Beatles. That's it. There's room for argument everywhere else.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Whew! Safe!!!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home