Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh Thank Heaven?

I love 7-11. I live 7-11. I just wanted to get that out in the open before the rest of my blog hits the cyber-sphere.

No, this rant isn't about the fact that my 7-11 (momentarily) ditched Diet Dr. Pepper in their fountain bank for the Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. After a conversation with the owner, he put the DDP back in...all is well...or so I thought.

OK. First problem I have is with the INCESSANT radio commercial that 7-11 runs on the station I listen to every morning. It's for some sort of pizza-stick that I can't think of the name of. The commercial has some monks in a monastary singing/chanting about the pizza stick. How they "can't believe" that they're eating it. And how they're "so busted." I am so incredibly OVER this commercial that I promise to never ever EVER taste this culinary delight. If I were to come up with the name, of course.

Here's another problem. I love reality TV. I love 7-11 (as previously mentioned). And I love pizza. My question. Do we really need the P'eatZZa? A few weeks back on The Apprentice, they had to market this new, for lack of a better word, sandwich. Seriously...pizza is perfect as is. In my opinion, adding crap like lettuce and additional meat onto the WRONG SIDE of the slice is just wrong. W.R.O.N.G. There must be some sort of internal 7-11 promotion going on because my local 7-11 had all sorts of signage and samples. I tried it, for the sake of 7-11 and reality TV...and bleh. Pizza doesn't need any changes. It's fucking perfect the way that it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Littleskatersmom said...

Can we compare 7-11 habits? LOL I was up to a 2 Double Gulps a day habit. Then I started reading about what aspartame does to a body. Quit cold turkey. Well, maybe not quit, but switched to one 16oz bottle a day. Now I've moved back to at least 2 liters a day! HELP!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home