Friday, April 28, 2006

Love is...never having to say...Whaaaat?


Every day on the way to work, I pass an ad at the bus stop at Vine and Beverly. It's for the new Cartier collection: Love. They show a big circular object, which I assumed was a ring. They also showed a little screwdriver that presumably goes along with the piece of jewelry. Day in and day out...I cannot figure out what the screwdriver is for. I went to the website...still can't figure it out. So I emailed the folks at Cartier and asked them. Much to my surprise, I received a response about three hours after I emailed them. They said:

The advertisement if for the Love bracelet and screwdriver pendant. The pendant opens up the bracelet which has actual screws on either side which need to be removed to put the bracelet on and take it off.

Doh. That almost makes sense. Guess it would help to know what love is all about. If, of course, Love meant never having the ability to remove a piece of jewelry unless your partner had a 24K custom screwdriver to get that piece of gold off of your wrist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home