Sunday, June 11, 2006

Please pass the bone saw and five Aleve

I had quite an interesting morning. What started off as a simple IM to my friend Phil (of Square One Dining fame) at about 9:00 AM turned into something quite different. Before I knew it, I was in my little car and on my way to the restaurant to lend a helping hand. Turns out, his Sunday "facilitator" (i.e. Jill of All Trades) called in sick. Me, needing a few extra bucks to pay some bills before The Big Trip™, decided to pitch in. I figure - even though I have never worked in the food service industry, I have hostessed at Tom Bergin's Tavern on St. Patrick's Day, their biggest day of the year. This will be a walk in the park. Or so I thought...

I emerge several hours later, beaten, battered, sore, sweaty, hot - but moreover, with a HUGE appreciation for those in The Industry, which shall now be capitalized. My feet freaking hurt - hence the bone saw - because sawing them off at the ankles would bring me sweet relief right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

wanna cover for me at bergin's on saturday??

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home