Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Boo Has Returned!!!

After nearly four days in the great outdoors, I am THRILLED to tell you that Boo has returned home. I went outside to do one last check for the night, and to bring along some wet cat food and yucky icky sardines that someone gave to me tonight.

I called her name. Boo-oooooo.
"Mew?"

Holy shit. Boo?
"Mew?"

This call-and-response went on for a few minutes until I figured out where she was. Ahem, exactly where I said she would be - hiding under the next door neighbor's house. I crawled through the bushes and sat on the ground, calmly singing the Boo song. Boo-oooo. She added her own vocals to the song: Mew?

Eventually I saw her. I gasped. And when I had the hands of a surgeon, I grabbed her. I held her and rocked her back and forth. I have never wanted to cry and puke at the same time before. I brought her to the step and she immediately went for the sardines. I put my hand on her, not letting her out of my sight. I called my friend - the one who fucking LEFT THE FUCKING DOOR OPEN - and relayed the good news.

Boo has returned.

Halla-fucking-lujah.


:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! About freakin' time! Glad she's finally home, safe & sound.

7:38 AM  
Blogger shainLA said...

guess that answers my question. very happy for you and boo. weird though, your blog didn't show tuesdays post until today...

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home