Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Few Things on My Mind

I haven't had much time to muse - at least not online. So this will be a mish-mash of thoughts.

First of all...I got my car washed this weekend. That's right, I get it washed every year whether it needs it or not. In between juggling crossword and Sudoku puzzles from Sunday's LA Times, I glanced up and tried to figure out - do I actually heart Boba? And if I do, what about their Soomthies are so awesome...and uh, what IS a soomthie?






Second thought: I was looking up something on iTunes earlier this week and my eye caught this Bob Dylan advertisement. I've never really thought that Bob looked like Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy...up until now...



Third thought: Would you believe that the Get Smart! television series isn't yet available on DVD? I wasn't sure that the jokes would hold up after all these years, but this clip on YouTube shows that it's just as awesome today as it was 35 years ago. Yeah, I said 35.

Fourth and final thought: Never let insurance lapse. I have a friend, who shall remain nameless, whose month of August has sucked. Really sucked. The only reason why he's still here is because of insurance. He was in the emergency room then hospital earlier in the month for almost a whole week. Numerous tests, a private room, etc. Let's just say: thank you, health insurance! Now, he's back at work, healthy, with some color in his face. Somewhere in the last twenty-four hours, his freaking CAR was stolen! Thank god for car insurance. And thank god that tomorrow (eight minutes from now) is September. August has offically sucked.

And yikes. My 43rd birthday is only three weeks away...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

And what are you doing for said birthday? Farmer's Market???

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home