Saturday, August 26, 2006

I Heart "On Demand"

TV is good. Cable TV is better. Cable TV with "On Demand" is amazing. TiVo is the top of the heap. This post relates to "On Demand."

For some reason, I haven't programmed "Entourage" into either of my DVRs. I'm not sure why - I just haven't. But thanks to the joy of "On Demand," I can watch Entourage any time I want to.

Today I caught up on the last three or four episodes. This show is just magic. It reminds me of Seinfeld...if you have to explain what happened in a certain episode, it may not sound like a lot happened, but what did happen was awesome.

Personally, I love the character that Jeremy Piven plays - Ari Gold. Not only is Jeremy Piven a freakin' peach - who I have loved since I first saw him in whatever 80s movie he was in. A highlight was the checkout clerk in "Singles" - when Campbell Scott's character (Steve Dunn) was buying a million pregnancy tests. Classic scene. "What's so funny 'bout PEACE, PEACE, PEACE, love and understanding?" But ultimately pales in comparison to each and every scene that he plays as Ari Gold on Entourage. Seriously. Classic. For ten minutes of Ari's greatest hits, just check out this upload on YouTube. "How did the Bay of Pigs go, Lloyd?

So politically incorrect. So fucking ARI! :)


Let's hug it out, bitch.

We're going to hell. Bring your sunblock.


Edited to add: Congrats to Jeremy Piven for winning a freaking EMMY for his portrayal of SuperAgent Ari Gold! On the same night that he gets fired as Vincent Chase's agent...or does he??

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

...Who just won the Emmy...Not bad...

10:18 AM  
Blogger Tom Sutherland said...

Find the Bergin's reference in one of this seasons earlier episodes.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home