Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I Am Old Woman, Hear Me Roar

It's been threatening to happen for years. In fact, when I last visited my eye doctor two years ago, I hinted that it was on the verge of happening.

Yes, I have the "over 40" eye thing. And yes, that is the technical term, thank you very much for asking.

My eye doctor gave me some exercises two years ago to help me with the problem, but to be quite honest, they made me nauseous. Plus, anyone that knows me knows that I just don't exercise any part of my body.

Fast forward to May (or so), 2007. My eyes hurt. My eyeballs want to fall out of their sockets. There is nothing that I can do that involves my eyes that doesn't make me want to stab myself in the ear with a very large knife. Finally I broke down and made an appointment with my eye doctor for last weekend. She gleefully told me that she can help me with my problem and sent me off to the eyeglass fitting/ass reaming part of the office. Between the visit, reading glasses, and one year's worth of contacts that I bought...well, I could live there for a few weeks with the rent-comparable-fee that I paid. Christ on a bike.

But I still don't get my glasses for a few days. Which means...the work that I did at home this weekend...eyeballs hurt. The work that I did at, er, um, WORK this week means...eyeballs hurt.

Until today/tomorrow (hopefully). I picked up the glasses, which basically consisted of a very light-on-his-feet eyeglass technician saying "Here they are!"

And...in fact, here they are...


2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Aw, why you look so sad, lady? The glasses are very cute! And hey, I wear glasses--you'll be one of the cool kids now! :D

12:54 AM  
Blogger Littleskatersmom said...

If I refuse to believe that I am 40, will my eyes stop hurting?

I think you look great in the glasses.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home