Monday, April 02, 2007

Tabula Rasa

Creativity is a funny thing. It's supposed to be something you feel - something that flows through you. I am, technically, not a creative person. I am very good with structured creativity, but not that good with the actual creative process. Give me a blank piece of paper and tell me that I can do anything I want to - and I slowly go into mental flat spins and will probably end up deciding to take a nap. Give me a blank piece of paper and a topic, and I can usually figure out something to say or do.

Sometimes - who am I kidding - MOST TIMES, this blog is a blank piece of paper. Sometimes my surroundings give me a topic, but I have found that recently, I've been living in the flat spin/nap cycle. Not just in the blogosphere, but in my own reality. Things have transpired in the last few months that have ended up taking up a huge portion of my available mental RAM space...programs constantly running 'in the background' of my mind. Why can't the human brain upgrade to a Pentium Processor? I'd like to be able to just snap in a metallic chip and have more space for ALL things...

But until that gets sorted out, I'm trying to live through the flat spins. And in the meantime, I have a tremendous amount of respect for those of the people in my life who ARE creative. Whether it's creativity with words, a paint brush, a musical instrument, a voice, or yes, even YOU my pickle-making vixen of a pastry chef...I stand back in awe and admiration of what it is that you all do...with your own blank canvasses every day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could offload the extra crap in our brains to a mental external hard drive??

To creativity--in WHATEVER form it comes in!!

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home