Sunday, April 02, 2006

The $105 sneeze

I spent Saturday afternoon at my favorite new Saturday hangout...the vet. No, this isn't some sort of horrible zit reoccurence, but a new fun thing. Wednesday night at about 3am, Madison started sneezing. It was sortof cute-ish, like those people who have the cutest sneeze ever. It wasn't as cute on Thursday night or on Friday. By the time I took her to the vet on Saturday, she was starting to have the kitty equivalent of a stuffy nose. The good news is that the kitty acne had cleared up (and I must say that Madison was an excellent patient), but the bad news is that she now has a cold. She must have caught it at the vet office last week - although they tried to tell me that was impossible. They sent me out of there with more medicine and another three-figure bill. Aloha potential Maui trip...hello crazy cat lady.

I now have to give Boo liquid vitamins - hoping that she doesn't catch the cold from Madison. That's been OK so far. However, I feel like some sort of torturer giving Madison her medicine - and I don't mean it in a super-hot Naveen Andrews from Lost way - "You want to know who I am? My name is Sayid Jarrah, and I am a torturer." I mean it in a my cat has an ugly cold, can't breathe well, and not only am I shoving a dropper down her throat twice a day, I now have to put ointment INTO HER EYES three times a day way. Poor kitty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home